Sunny Kaushal is an Indian actor and assistant director working in the Bollywood film industry. He is the younger brother of popular lead actor Vickey Kaushal and son of veteran action director Sham Kaushal. While his elder brother Vickey is one of the most talented and successful Indian actors of recent times, brother sunny is yet to make his mark in the industry. He is known for acting in films like “Gold” and “Bhangra Pa le”.
He was born on 28th September, 1989, Thursday in a chawl in suburban Mumbai in a Punjabi family. His grandparents originally were from Hoshiyarpur. His father Sham Kaushal is a veteran action director and stunt coordinator in Bollywood films. Some of his best known works include Krrish(2006), Kaminey(2009), Gangs of Wasseypur(2012), Dhoom 3(2013), Bajirao Mastani(2015), Dangal(2016) etc. His mother Veena Kaushal is a homemaker. Brother, Vickey Kaushal is widely popular for films like Masaan (2015), Sanju(2018), Raazi(2018), Uri: The Surgical Strike(2019) and has won several awards and accolades for them.©ibollynews
Sunny, after completing school, opted for Chartered Accountancy course at The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India. But soon left it to pursue his career in acting when he was only 21 years old.
|Original/Real Name||Sunny Kaushal|
|Age (as in 2020)||30 years|
|Date of Birth||28th September, 1989|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Libra|
|Debut||As an assistant director in the film “My friend Pinto(2011) and as an actor in the film “Sunshine Music Tours and travels”(2016)|
|Current career status||Active|
|Weight (Kilograms)||70 Kg|
|Eye’s Color||Dark Brown|
Family, Relatives & Siblings
|Father’s name||Sham Kaushal|
|Mother’s name||Veena Kaushal|
|Brother’s name||Vickey Kaushal|
Marital Status, Affairs, Boyfriends, Kids & Relationship
Education Qualification and Schooling/College
|College/ University||The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India|
|Educational Qualification||Chartered Accountant or CA (Dropout)|
Favourite Things and Likes & Dislikes
|Controversies||Rumoured relationships with Malavika Mohan and currently with Sharvari Wagh|
|Favourite Food||Aloo ke parathe, Butter Chicken, Barbeque|
|Favourite Movie||Bollywood- Border, Andaaz Apna Apna, Guzarish, Rang De Basanti
Hollywood-The Godfather, The Dark Knight Trilogy, Ratatouille, Forest gump, Avatar, Limitless, Fight Club
|Favourite Actor||Shahrukh Khan, Ranveer Singh and Anil Kapoor|
|Favourite Actress||Alia Bhatt|
|Favourite Colour||Not Known|
|Favourite Singer||A.R. Rahman, Gurdaas Maan, Eminem, The Beatles, Bohemia|
|Favourite Sports||Not Known|
|Favourite Books||The Alchemist by Paolo Coelho, The Scion of Ikshvaku by Amish Tripathi, Naoko by Keigo Higashano.|
|Net Worth||INR 4 to 6 Crores|
|E-Mail Address||Not Known|
|Phone Number||Not Known|
|House Address||28th floor in an apartment in Andheri West, Mumbai, India.|
“Given the circumstances it’s natural to feel scared. But I don’t panic because I try to keep myself educated. Once you start panicking you begin to believe every rumor that you read. It’s important to verify even if there’s slightest doubt about what you read. Education plays a very important role”.©ibollynews
Early Life and Career:
Sunny Kaushal dropped out of college to pursue his dream of becoming an actor. He got himself enrolled in the famous “Barry John acting studio” to learn acting. He started his career by doing theatres and skits along with the actor Makarand Deshpande. In 2011 he signed his debut film “My Friend Pinto” as an assistant director along with Raghav Dhar. He also assisted in films like Aurangazeb(2013) and Gunday(2014).©ibollynews
In 2016 he got the opportunity to work as a lead role named sunburn in the movie “Sunshine Music Tour and travels” which didn’t work well and barely saw the day of light.
Later, he also tried his hands on web series like “Official Chukyagiri” in 2016, and its sequel “Offical CEOgiri” in 2018. In 2017 he was a part of a short film “Love at first sight”
His career elevated when in 2018 he got the opportunity to work with Akshay Kumar in the historical sports drama film written and directed by Reema Kagti, based on the journey of the national hockey team winning its first gold medal in 1948 Summer Olympics. Sunny played the role of Himmat Singh in the movie, inspired by the character of Balbir Singh Dosanjh, one of the greatest hockey player of all time. He was thoroughly appreciated for his portrayal among critics and audiences.
In January, 2020 his film “Bhangra Pa Le” released along with debutant Rukshar Dhillon.
In the same month a web television series “The Forgotten Army- Azaadi ke liye” premiered on the Amazon Prime video directed by Kabir Singh, starring Sunny Kaushal and Sharvari Wagh.
Sunny was nominated on 25th Screen Awards for the Best supporting actor for his role in ‘Gold’. His short film ‘Embrace’ was nominated as the Best drama short film in the Filmfare awards.
He is currently working on two upcoming films- ‘Shiddat-Journey beyond love’ with Radhika Madan and ‘Hurdang’ with Nusrat Bharucha.
Check out some of his photos on Instagram-
View this post on Instagram
कुछ नहीं बदला… Photo paper से phone-पर आ गयी, बाक़ी कुछ नहीं बदला… तू 2 फीट 6 से 6 फीट 2 का हो गया, बाक़ी कुछ नहीं बदला… हम पहले cool थे आज very cool हैं, बाक़ी कुछ नहीं बदला… मैं left था, तू right है। देख, कुछ नहीं बदला… जन्मदिन मुबारक हो brother @vickykaushal09 , ढेर सारा प्यार ❤️
Watch a Candid interview of Sunny Kaushal.
Here’s some interesting, lesser known facts about Sunny Kaushal:
- Father Sham Kaushal strictly told both the brothers that he will never promote or help them getting opportunities in Bollywood. But he supported the decision of becoming actors for both of his sons. In an interview sunny revealed his father expressing his gratitude towards the industry for giving him everything in life, and thus he cannot get anymore happy if his sons want to work there too.
- They were born and raised in a 10/10 chawl in Malad, Mumbai. They read in ordinary schools and travelled by bus.
- He and his brother never used to visit their father on the sets except once, during the shoot of Kaho Na Pyaar Hain. They met Hrithik Roshan there.
- He does not consider himself as famous. When asked, he said in an interview he still doesn’t get recognized by people outside. He also confessed that he does not get work by sitting at home. He keeps on trying and pitching casting directors to get auditions.
- He loves music and is fond of Indian Percussions. He plays an instrument called Djembe. It’s therapeutic to him and even takes it along to outdoor schedules.
- He loves footwear and holds a crazy obsession for snickers. He has around 67 pair of snickers.
- He writes down his favorite quotes on the mirror walls of his room to keep himself motivated.
- Once he had a crush on his brother’s girlfriend. But he didn’t know about this. He came to know later that they were dating.
- He loves watching anime. His favourite one is “Death Note”, and wants to remake an Indian version of this anime.©ibollynews
- He is extremely proud of his brother Vickey Kaushal for reaching such heights in his acting career and does not feel ashamed for being labelled as “Vickey Kaushal’s brother”.
- Both of the brother’s childhood had a Punjabi influence throughout, and thus they both are very fond of Punjabi songs and dance forms.
- He loves his brother, Vickey Kaushal’s curly hair, and wish to have them.
- The one thing he notices in a girl for a first impression is her eyes.
- He can speak in three languages – English, Marathi and Punjabi.
- He is big comic book lover and his favorite comic character is Iron Man just because he is an ardent fan of Robert Downey Jr.
- He lives with his mother, father and brother together in their house, and his family is the biggest inspiration for him.
Have you enjoyed Sunny Kaushal biography? Please feel free to share your thoughts in comment section. We love to answer your questions.
Request edit?, Please free to contact us with post name.