In this article, you will find all the Biodata about Deepika Padukone. Don’t forget to share this article with your friends.
|Original/Real Name||Deepika Padukone|
|Date of Birth||5 January 1986|
|Hometown||Bengaluru, Karnataka, India|
|Debut|| Bollywood: Om Shanti Om (2007)
Kannada: Aishwarya (2006)
Height, Weight & Body Measurements
|Height (Centimeters)||174 cm|
|Height (meters)||1.74 m|
|Height (Inches)||5′ 8½”|
|Weight (Kilograms)||58 Kg|
|Weight (Pounds)||127 lbs|
|Breast’s Size||Not known|
|Waist’s Size||26 Inches|
|Shoe’s Size||8 (US)|
Family and Relatives
|Father’s Name||Prakash Padukone(former International level badminton player)|
|Mother’s Name||Ujjala Padukone (worked as a travel agent)|
|Sisters||Anisha Padukone (younger, golfer)|
Marital Status, Affairs, Girlfriends
|Boyfriend||Siddharth Mallya, Ranbir Kapoor, Ranveer Singh|
|Education Qualification and Schooling/College|
|School||Sophia High School, Bengaluru|
|College/ University||Indira Gandhi National Open University(discontinued later because of her modelling career)|
|Educational Qualification||High School|
|Favourites Things and Like & Dislike|
|Hobbies||Reading books, playing Badminton, Dancing|
|Favourite Food||South Indian Cuisine|
|Favourite Movie||Maine Pyar kya, 3 idiots|
|Favourite Actress||Preity Zinta, Madhuri Dixit, Kajol, Rani Mukherji, Hema Malini, Sridevi|
|Favourite Color||White, Mauve|
|Favourite Actor||Richard Gere, Brad Pitt, Shah Rukh Khan, Aamir Khan, Amitabh Bachchan|
|Salary||15 Crores (INR)|
|Net Worth||$8 million|
|E-Mail Address||Not Available|
|Phone Number||Not Available|
|House Address||B Wing, Cozihom, Pali Hill, Bandra West, Mumbai, Maharashtra|
Deepika Padukone Biography, Height, Weight, Age, Affair, Family, Wiki
Deepika Padukone is Well known Indian film actress. She was born on 5 January 1986 in Copenhagen, Denmark. Deepika is noticeable for her work in Indian Bollywood film industry. She debuts in the film industry by a Kannada film Aishwarya in 2006. Deepika started her carrier as one of the highest-paid actresses in India. She achieved great success in her first and debut Bollywood movie Om Shanti Om in 2007. Deepika debut with the most famous director in Bollywood industry Farah Khan. She worked in 31 Bollywood and one Hollywood movies from 2006 to 2018. She earned many awards like Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut Om Shanti Om in 2006 and Filmfare Award for Best Actress in 2009.
Facts about Deepika Padukone
- Does Deepika Padukone smoke? Ans: No
- Does Deepika Padukone Drink? Ans: Not known
- She debuts in the film industry by a Kannada film Aishwarya in 2006.
- Deepika started her carrier as one of the highest-paid actresses in India.
- She earned many awards like Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut Om Shanti Om in 2006.
- Deepika was in a relationship with Siddharth Mallya, Ranbir Kapoor, Ranveer Singh.
- Her favourite food is South Indian Cuisine, ragi chips and her favourite destination is Switzerland.
Also Read: Priyanka Chopra Biography
Information in details
Life Before becoming an actress
- Deepika was born in a family of former badminton player Prakash Padukone and travel agent Ujjala both are belong to Konkani language and her sister Anisha is a golfer.
- Her grandfather Ramesh, was a secretary of the Mysore Badminton Association. She belongs to Bangalore, India.
- She started her studies at Bangalore’s Sophia High School and completed her pre-university education at Mount Carmel College.
- Deepika, later on, admits at the Indira Gandhi National Open University for a Bachelor of Arts degree in sociology but later quit it due to scheduling conflicts with her modelling career.
- She focused on badminton, which she played competitively from a young age. In 2012, Interview Deepika said, “I would wake up at five in the early morning, go for physical fitness training, go to school, again go for playing badminton, finish my homework, and go to sleep”.
- Along with Badminton, she played baseball in a few state-level tournaments.
- At the age of eight, she appears in a couple of advertising and in 10 grade, she changed focus and decided to become a fashion model.
- In 2004, under the tutelage of Prasad Bidapa, she started a full-time career as a model.
- In 2006, she won the “Model of the Year” award at the Kingfisher Fashion Awards.
- At the age of 21, she migrated from Bangalore to Mumbai and stayed at her aunt’s home. On this year she featuring in the music video for Himesh Reshammiya’s song “Naam Hai Tera.”
- She appears with the most famous director in Kannada film industry Indrajit Lankesh and makes her film debut with Aishwarya. she was cast in the title role opposite the actor Upendra in Telugu film Manmadhudu. this film achieves great success in the film industry.
- At the end of 2006, she was signed by Farah Khan opposite to Shah Rukh Khan for Bollywood movie Om Shanti Om. In which Shah Rukh Khan plays a role of struggling actor in the 1970s who dies soon after witnessing the murder of the woman he loved and is reincarnated to avenge her death.
- The film achieves Commercial success with a global revenue of ₹1.49 billion and becomes the highest-grossing film of the year.
- She achieved great success in her Bollywood debut movie and awarded the Best Female Debut Award and received her first nomination in the Best Actress category.
- In 2009, she came alongside Akshay Kumar in Chandni Chowk To China and produced by a famous production Warner Bros. In which she played a dual role of Sakhi and Suzy they are Indian-Chinese twin sisters. this film become a
major financial failure with worldwide earnings of ₹554.7 million on a budget of ₹800 million.
Struggles in Career(2010)
- In 2010, she had five film releases and her first role in Karthik Calling Karthik. This film is Commercially performed poor response on box office and her profitable film of that year was Housefull with ₹1.15 billion.
- After these struggling year, she begins 2011 with an item number in Rohan Sippy’s Dum Maaro Dum and her next film was Aarakshan, co-starring Amitabh Bachchan, Saif Ali Khan, Manoj Bajpayee and Prateik Babbar, which dealt with the political issue.
- In 2011, finally, she appeared in Desi Boyz alongside Akshay Kumar, John Abraham, and Chitrangada Singh, a role that failed to propel her career forward.
- The number of poorly accepted films led critics to perceive that Padukone had lost her sparkle.
Change in a career (2012)
- Now, she represented herself as a leading actress of contemporary Hindi cinema by many critically and commercially successful films.
- In 2012, she said the romantic comedy movie Cocktail marked a significant turning point in her career and she plays a role of an impulsive party girl Veronica. Deepika earned many awards like Best Actress nominations at several award ceremonies, including Filmfare, Screen, and IIFA for Cocktail.
- She makes herself as a leading actress of Hindi cinema in 2013 of top-grossing productions of the year with John Abraham and Jacqueline Fernandez in Abbas-Mustan’s Race 2.
- Now she worked with Ayan Mukerji romantic comedy Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani in opposite to her ex. boyfriend Ranbir Kapoor and the film emerged as a major commercial success.
- In order to successful film, she worked opposite to Shah Rukh Khan in Rohit Shetty’s action-comedy film Chennai Express and this movie earned over ₹3.95 billion to emerge as Padukone’s highest-grossing release to that point and side by side Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani it ranks among the highest-grossing Indian films.
- She worked with Sanjay Leela Bhansali in Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-Leela opposite to her boyfriend Ranveer Singh and this film earned ₹2.02 billion worldwide, making it Padukone’s fourth consecutive success of the year.
- Deepika won many awards on the basis of their two successful films Chennai Express and Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-Leela including the Screen Award for Best Actress for both films.
- In 2014, she works for Tamil industry after a long time in opposite to Rajinikanth and Deepika was paid ₹30 million for two days worth of work in it.
Best Films (2015-2018)
- In order to best films, she appeared with Amitabh Bachchan in Shoojit Sircar’s comedy-drama film Piku. This film gross of over ₹1.40 billion worldwide and emerged as a box office hit and Deepika received her second Best Actress awards at Filmfare and Screen.
- Deepika reunited with Sanjay Leela Bhansali film with Ranveer Singh in Bajirao Mastani. This film revenue of over ₹3.5 billion Bajirao Mastani proved to be the fourth highest-grossing Bollywood film of the year.
- Her first project in Hollywood is the action film xXx: Return of Xander Cage in 2017 in which she played the lead female role of Serena Unger, opposite Vin Diesel.
- In 2018, Deepika worked in highest-grossing release and is among Indian cinema’s biggest grossers movie Padmaavat with Bhansali and With an estimated budget of ₹2 billion but they earnings of ₹5.25 billion.
Awards and nominations received by Deepika Padukone
Deepika is one of the best actresses who received Filmfare Awards(3), IIFA(6), Producers Guild Film Awards(5), Screen Awards(9), Stardust Awards(3) and Zee Cine Awards(6). She holding the position of queen of Bollywood with seven movies crossing the prestigious 100crore club.
Asian Film Awards(AFA)
|1||2008||Om Shanti Om||Best Actress||Nominated|
|2||2009||Chandni Chowk to China||Best Actress||Nominated|
|1||2008||Om Shanti Om||Best Female Debut||Won|
|2||2008||Om Shanti Om||Best Actress||Nominated|
|3||2010||Love Aaj Kal||Best Actress||Nominated|
|5||2014||Chennai Express||Best Actress||Nominated|
|6||2014||Goliyon Ki Raasleela: Ram-Leela||Best Actress||Won|
|8||2016||Bajirao Mastani||Best Actress||Nominated|
|1||2008||Om Shanti Om||Most Promising Newcomer – Female||Won|
|2||2008||Om Shanti Om||Jodi No. 1||Won|
|3||2010||Love Aaj Kal||Best Actress||Nominated|
|4||2011||Housefull||Best Actress (Popular Choice)||Nominated|
|5||2012||Desi Boyz||Best Actress (Popular Choice)||Won|
|6||2013||Cocktail||Best Actress (Popular Choice)||Nominated|
|8||2017||N/A||Best Style Icon||Won|
There are so many types of awards Deepika achieved in her life such as:
- BIG Star Entertainment Awards,
- CNN-IBN Indian of the Year,
- Indian Film Festival of Melbourne,
- International Indian Film Academy Awards,
- NDTV Indian of the Year, People’s Choice Awards India,
- Producers Guild Film Awards,
- Star Box Office Awards, Stardust Awards,
- Teen Choice Awards,
- Times of India Film Awards,
- Zee Cine Awards, Other awards, and recognition
Deepika worked in music videos
|Aap Kaa Surroor||2005||Naam Hai Tera||–||Himesh Reshammiya|
|–||2010||Phir Mile Sur Mera Tumhara||Herself||Various|
|Let’s Party||2012||Bolydude Ganeshan||–||Ganesh Hegde|
- Aishwarya in 2006
- Om Shanti Om in 2007
- Bachna Ae Haseeno in 2008
- Chandni Chowk to China in 2009
- Billu in 2009
- Love Aaj Kal in 2009
- Main Aurr Mrs Khanna in 2009
- Karthik Calling Karthik in 2010
- Housefull in 2010
- Lafangey Parindey in 2010
- Break Ke Baad in 2010
- Khelein Hum Jee Jaan Sey in 2010
- Dum Maaro Dum in2011
- Aarakshan in 2011
- Desi Boyz in 2011
- Cocktail in 2012
- Race 2 in 2013
- Bombay Talkies in 2013
- Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani in 2013
- Chennai Express in 2013
- Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-Leela in 2013
- Kochadaiiyaan in 2014
- Finding Fanny in 2014
- Happy New Year in 2014
- My Choice in 2015
- Piku in 2015
- Tamasha in 2015
- Bajirao Mastani in 2015
- xXx: Return of Xander Cage in 2017
- Raabta in 2017
- Padmavati in 2018
- Zero Film has yet to be released 2018
Photos of Deepika Padukone