Kiara Advani is a young Indian film actress of the Bollywood industry. She is best known for her roles in blockbusters movies like “MS Dhoni: The Untold Story” (2016) and “Kabir Singh” (2019).
She was born on 31st July, 1992 to Jagdeep Advani and Genevieve Advani Jaffrey. Her father was a businessman and Mother was a professor. She belongs to a Sindhi Hindu family, although she shares multiple religious inheritance as her maternal grandfather and grandmother was a Muslim and Christian of Scottish, Irish, Portuguese and Spanish ancestry respectively, and she also had a Bengali godmother. Her younger brother’s name is Mishaal Advani.
Kiara Advani continues to shine through her impeccably beautiful look and heartwarming performances. Let’s dig deep into in knowing about her more.
|Original/Real Name||Kiara Advani (real name- Alia Advani)|
|Birthplace||Mumbai, Maharashtra , India|
|Age (as in 2020)||27 years (as of 2020)|
|Date of Birth||31st July,1992|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Leo|
|Current career status||Active|
|Height (Centimetres)||165 cm (5’05”)|
|Weight (Kilograms)||55 kg|
|Eye’s Color||Light Brown|
Family, Relatives & Siblings
|Father’s name||Jagdeep Advani|
|Mother’s name||Genevieve Jaffrey|
|Brother’s name||Mishaal Advani|
Marital Status, Affairs, Boyfriends, Kids & Relationship
|Boyfriend||Mohit Marwah (ex)(rumored)
Siddharth Malhotra (Rumored)
|Dating||Siddharth Malhotra (Rumored)|
Education Qualification and Schooling/College
|School||Cathedral and John Connon School, Mumbai|
|College/ University||Jai Hind College|
|Educational Qualification||Degree in Mass and Media Communication|
Favorite Things and Likes & Dislikes
|Controversies||Her most successful film till date “Kabir Singh” got mixed reviews from audience, and was accused for being extremely misogynistic.
Recently, her sensational picture for Celebrity Photographer Dabboo Ratnani’s Calendar, 2020, stirred up a controversey when an international photographer accused the picture as plagiarized theme.
|Favorite Food||Tacos, Seaweed Salad, Cupcakes, Sushi|
|Favorite Movie||Not Known|
|Favorite Actor||Salman Khan|
|Favorite Actress||Grace Kelly, Sridevi|
|Favorite Designer||Manish Malhotra|
|Favorite Destination||New York City|
|Favorite Cafe||Café Habittu, Hong Kong|
|Favorite daily wear brand||Atheleisure|
|Favorite Book||Not That Kind Of Girl by Lena Dunham|
|Favorite Athlete||Usain Bolt|
|Net Worth||40 Million Rupees (2019)|
|E-Mail Address||Not known|
|Phone Number||Not Known|
|House Address||Mumbai, Maharashtra|
|She does not have an official twitter account|
|Official Facebook account|
|Official Instagram account|
Early Life and Career:
Kiara made her acting debut in the year 2014, in the comedy drama “Fugly” with ensemble cast Mohit Marwah, Arfi Lamba, Vijender Singh, and Jimmy Shergill. Next, in 2016, she was seen playing the role of Sakshi Dhoni, in the biopic of Indian Cricket Team Captain MS Dhoni directed by Neeraj Pandey. The film was commercially very successful, although she had a short screen presence.
Then she appeared in the Netflix original production “Lust Stories”, in the Karan Johar’s segment, playing a challenging role of a sexually dissatisfied housewife. Her performance was appreciated in the movie.
She made her telegu movie debut by “Bharat Ane Nenu”, a political drama directed by Koratala Siva, followed by another movie called “Vinaya Vidheya Rama” in 2019. In the same year she appeared in the lead role in telegu movie “Arjun Reddy”’s bollywood remake “Kabir Singh”. The movie, although critisised for conveying a wrong message and being misogynistic, turned out to be one of the biggest blockbuster movies of that year, and a turning point in her career. She also appeared in the movie “Good Newz” that year, alongside stars like Akshay Kumar, Kareena Kapoor Khan, Diljit Dosanjh. This movie also, ranked among the highest grossing film that year.
In 2020, she was seen in Netflix thriller film “Guilty”, and was highly appreciated for her portrayal in the movie.
Kiara Advani is all set to cast opposite Akshay Kumar in “Laxmi -Bomb”, in “Indoo ki Jawani co-starring Aditya Seal, in “Bhool Bhulaiya 2” opposite Kartik Aryan and in biopic of Army officer Vikram Batra opposite Siddharth Malhotra in “Shershah”.
Here’s some interesting, lesser known facts about Kiara Advani
- Kiara’s real name is Alia, she changed it to Kiara prior her debut, which was suggested by Salman Khan, as the industry already had a female lead named Alia Bhatt.
- She is also related to few celebrities through her maternal family. Actor Ashoke Kumar is the step-great-grandfather, actor Saeed Jaffrey and model Shaheen Jaffrey (who dated Salman Khan in her 20s) are her uncle and aunt respectively.
- Her mother’s close friend is Salman Khan, who grew up with her in Bandra.
- She wanted to become an actor since she was 2 years old and was very passionate about this.
- Her father decided to let his children pursue their dream career only after getting influenced by the film “3 Idiots”.
- She is very close to her family. She has a mischievous relationship with her brother.
- She is a fitness freak and goes to gym regularly.
- Her first TV appearance was in a commercial advertisement of “Wipro Baby Soft” with her mother when she was only 2 years old.
- She has a huge crush on Hollywood actor Leonardo Di Caprio
- Kiara loves bikes.
- Before her debut she also opted for an acting course with Anupam Kher and Roshan Taneja.
- Kiara is a childhood friend of Isha Ambani.
- She loves to shop and has a great fashion sense.
- Kiara is very good at singing also.
- There was a rumor of her being related to quintessential actress Juhi Chawla. But this not true, her family just shares a close bond with Chawla’s.