Myra Vishwakarma as known as Pihu, is a child artist playing the lead role in the 2018 movie “Pihu” directed by National Award Winning Director Vinod Kapri. She was only 2 years old when she got selected for the movie, and reportedly the youngest actor to act solo in a feature film.©ibollynews
She was born on 17th November, 2012 to Rohit Vishwakarma and Prerna Vishwakarma in Ambikapur, Chattisgarh. Currently she lives with her parents in Noida, New Delhi and studies in Delhi Public School, Noida. She also has a younger brother.
Audiences got intrigued as soon as the trailer of the film released, in November, 2018. Later the film was also highly appreciated and won several awards and accolades.
“Pihu” is a thrilling story of a little two year old girl who gets trapped in home, faces dangerous situations with no escape and no one to keep an eye on her. The film got released on 16th November, 2018 and rose Myra to fame.© ibollynews
|Age (as in 2020)
|8 years (as of 2020)
|Date of Birth
|17th November, 2012
|Noida, New Delhi
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign
|Current career status
Family, Relatives & Siblings
Marital Status, Affairs, Boyfriends, Kids & Relationship
|Not applicable ©ibollynews
Education Qualification and Schooling/College
|Delhi Public school, Noida, New Delhi
Favorite Things and Likes & Dislikes
|Chocolates (All kids favorite! :D)
|Salman Khan and Varun Dhawan
|Singing and Dancing
| Not Known
|Noida, New Delhi
|She does not have an official twitter account
|She does not have an official Facebook account
|She does not have an official Instagram account
Early Life and Career:
The director of ‘Pihu’, Vinod Kapri met Myra for the first time at a party and immediately decided to cast her in the movie. He did not even opted for any audition. To understand her behavioral pattern and to create a favorable condition for her, Myra and her parents shifted in a new apartment and stayed there for a few months. The movie was shot in the same apartment. Myra’s real life parents played the role of her on screen parents to make her comfortable during the shoot. The director closely observed Myra and her behavior and modified the screenplay according to that. The shoot was over in 40-45 days, and released on 16th November, 2018. Myra became the youngest actor to get featured in a solo film.©ibollynews
Current life/Events: (Pihu myra vishwakarma now?)
She isn’t doing any films, as of now.
Here’s some interesting, lesser known facts about Myra Vishwakumar:
- The director faced many struggles during the making of this film, No production house or producer was ready to back him. He was criticized for making a film with only a two year old child actor and doubted that how he is going to hold audience’s attention with her. Krishna Kumar at last invested 47 lakhs in the film, which was not enough, and he passed away after few months due to a heart attack.
- ‘Pihu’ was premiered at 2018 International film festival Of India in the Panorama Section and was screened at the Fajr International Film festival.©ibollynews
- It won the Grand Prize for best Feature film in the International Competition Category and the People’s Choice award for Best Film at the 14th Trans Saharan International Film Festival.
- Pihu, being a little kid, was not aware the she is shooting a film. The director used small cameras called Black Magic Protection Camera, so that she can completely be herself. She wasn’t even aware there is a whole crew, she thought they are just friends and it was all play for her.
- Most of the dialogues are candid, completely Myra’s own. They just subjected her into situations and captured her. They made a 100 minute film from 64 hour footage.
- The scene where Pihu tries to cook on a gas stove shook her father and he was disturbed all day.
- Myra is all grown up now and understands the movie, but gets very scared whenever she watches it, so her parents don’t show it to her anymore.©ibollynews
- Om seeing the film Myra asked her mother, “Mumma, What happened to Pihu?”
- In 2018, Pihu was one of the India’s official entries in The Academy Awards (Oscar) along with movie Village Rock stars.
- Director Vinod Kapri has been honored with National Award for his documentary film “Can’t Take This Shit Anymore”.© ibollynews