Kareena Kapoor Khan is one of most successful and leading Indian film actress of Bollywood industry. Although belonging from the legendary lineage of first film family in Bollywood, the Kapoors, she single-handedly proved and established herself in Bollywood, through her own talent and hard work.©ibollynews
She was born on 21 September, 1980 to veteran actor, producer, director of the 70s, Randhir Kapoor and Babita Kapoor. Her elder sister Karishma Kapoor was also a successful actress of the 1990s and early 2000s. She is the paternal granddaughter of the legendary actor Raj Kapoor and maternal granddaughter of actor Hari Shivdasani. She is of Panjabi descent from her father’s side and Sindhi and British descent from her mother’s side.
Despite of having a family which shares a legacy of generations after generations in the film industry, her father was not at all happy with his daughters pursuing acting careers, because he believed it to be an obstacle in the way of daughters performing traditional duties and responsibilities. But her mother fully supported both of the sister’s decision of becoming actresses. This led to a conflict between their parents and they separated. Her mother raised them, with doing several jobs on the other hand. In 2007, their parents again got together, keeping all the misunderstandings aside.© ibollynews
Kareena Kapoor Khan is an epitome of grace, and an idol for young aspirants throughout the world. She is known for being outspoken, a fashion icon and one of the highest paid actress in India.
Table of Contents
- 1 Personal Life
- 2 Physical Appearance
- 3 Family, Relatives & Siblings
- 4 Marital Status, Affairs, Boyfriends, Kids & Relationship
- 5 Education Qualification and Schooling/College
- 6 Favorite Things and Likes & Dislikes
- 7 Money/Net Worth
- 8 Contact Information
- 9 Social Media
- 10 Personal quote:
- 11 Early Life and Career:
- 12 Current life/Events:
- 13 Photos:
- 14 Video
- 15 Facts:
|Original/Real Name||Kareena Kapoor Khan|
|Birthplace||Mumbai, Maharashtra , India|
|Age (as in 2020)||40 years (as of 2020)|
|Date of Birth||21st September, 1980|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Virgo|
|Current career status||Active|
|Height (Centimeters)||163 cm (5’04”)|
|Weight (Kilograms)||55 kgs|
|Hair Color||Dark brown|
|Eye’s Color||Hazel Green|
Family, Relatives & Siblings
|Father’s name||Randhir Kapoor|
|Mother’s name||Babeeta Kapoor|
|Sister’s name||Karishma Kapoor©ibollynews|
Marital Status, Affairs, Boyfriends, Kids & Relationship
|Spouse/Husband||Saif Ali Khan|
|Son||Taimur Ali Khan|
Education Qualification and Schooling/College
|School||· Jamnabai Narsee School, Mumbai
· Wellham Girl’s Boarding School, Dehradoon
|College/ University||Mithibai College|
|Educational Qualification||College drop-out.|
Favorite Things and Likes & Dislikes
|Controversies||· She has a history of cat fights with other actresses of Bollywood. She passed racist remarks to Bipasha Basu by calling her “kali billi”. She directly poited fingures at Amisha patel, and said she don’t want her history hits. She publicly made fun of Priyanka Chopra’s accent.
· Her controversial MMS of kissing Shahid Kapoor went viral in the electronic media and stirred up a big conversation.
|Favorite Food||Dal-Chawal, Pasta, Sphagetti, Gajar ka Halwa|
|Favorite Movie||Bollywood- Sangam, Awaara, Bobby, Kal Aaj aur Kal
Hollywood- Breakfast at Tiffany’s, Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, Love Story, Ben Hur
|Favorite Perfume||Jean Paul Gaultier’s Classic|
|Favorite Actor||Shahrukh Khan, Raj Kapoor,|
|Favorite Actress||Kajol, Nargis, Meena Kumari|
|Favorite Color||Red and Black|
|Favorite Designer||Manish Malhotra|
|Favorite Pet||Not Known|
|Favorite Cricketer||Virat Kohli|
|Favorite Destination||Switzerland and London|
|Salary||10-12 crore per film|
|Net Worth||Over $50 Million|
|E-Mail Address||[email protected]|
|Phone Number||Not Known|
|House Address||Fortune Heights, Bandra West, Mumbai|
|Wikipedia||Kareena Kapoor Khan|
|She does not have an official twitter account|
|She does not have an official Facebook account|
|official Instagram account|
“I do my own thing. And I believe that’s the right thing.”
‘Most leading men in the industry has a lot of money, not sure about brains.”
“You know me. If I want to do something I will.”
“My thinking is a lot more different than many other actresses in India. I don’t understand why people in showbiz put their profession of acting in the backseat after marriage.
“I don’t taker success and failure seriously. The only thing I do seriously is march forward. If I fall, I get up and I march again.
Early Life and Career:
- Kareena, upon graduating from Wellham Girls’ School, joined Mithibai College in Mumbai to study Commerce for two years. Then she registered for a three months summer course in Microcomputers at Harvard summer school in the US. Later she developed an interest in law and joined Government Law College in Mumbai, from which she dropped out after a year to pursue her career in acting. She began training at an acting class mentored by FTII member Kishore Namit Kapoor.©ibollynews
- She debuted in the year 2000, with Abhishek Bacchan in the male lead, in J.P Dutta’s Indo-Pakistani 1971 war drama “Refugee”. It bring moderate success at box office, and earned her the Filmfare Awards for best female debut. Her second film “Mujhe Kuch Kehna Hain” was also a hit.
- In 2001, she portrayed the role of Kaurwaki in the film “Ashoka” which failed to do well in India but gained positive reviews internationally.
- “Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham”, her next film that year, she played the role of ‘Pooja’ a.k.a ‘Poo’ alongside an ensemble star cast. This film proved to be a breakthrough in her career. It became one of the biggest Bollywood success of all time, and highest grossing film of that year and her career to that point. Her performance is remembered as iconic till date.
- During 2002 and 2003, she faced consecutive flops in movies like “Mujhse Dosti Karoge”, “Jeena Sirf Mere Liye”, “Talaash: The Hunt Begins”, “Khusi”, “Main Prem Ki Dewaani Hoon”, and “LOC Kargil”, and got stereotyped for playing a particular kind of role in all the films.© ibollynews
- Later in the coming years she accepted more challenging roles to bring a variation and show her artistic merit. In “Chameli”, she played the role of a young prostitute. It became a significant turning point in her career, followed by more unconventional films like “Dev”, “Fidaa” and “Aitraaz”. Commercials like “Kyon Ki”, “Dosti, friends forever”, “Chup Chup Ke” also performed well.
- In 2006, she appeared in Vishal Bhardwaj’s “Omkara”, an adaptation of Shakespeare’s Othello, where she brilliantly played the role of Desdemona. She was praised for her portrayal, and movie went on to be successful internationally.
- In 2007, she teamed with Shahid Kapoor, in the romantic comedy by Imtiaz Ali, “Jab We Met”. She played the role of a bubbly young Panjabi girl with amazing insights about life. Her performance was highly acclaimed throughout crituics and audiences, and the film was one of the biggest hit of all time. She was featured in Filmfare’s “Top 80 iconic performances” of Hindi Cinema. Next year, she was featured in a highly anticipated big budget film named “Tashan” which later underperformed in box office.
- Next, Rohit Shetty’s “Golmaal Returns” (2007), “Kambakkht Ishq” (2009), “Kurbaan” (2009) are some of her significant works in that year.
- In the same year she acted in a supporting role in Rajkumar Hirani’s National award winning film “3 Idiots” which made huge numbers on box office, becoming the highest grossing Bollywood movie of all time.
- Later she kept on doing films like “We are family”, “Golmaal 3”, “Bodyguard”, “Ra-One” which all made big financial successes.
- In 2012 she played an intense role in Madhut Bhandarkar’s “Heroine”. Her performance gained amazing reviews, and even denoted it as her best work till then.
- In the coming years some of her significant works will include “Ek Main aur Ek Tu”, “Satyagraha”, “Gori tere Pyaar Mein”, “Bajrangi Bhaijaan”, “Singham Returns”, “Ki and Ka”, “Udta Punjab”. All consisted of unique concept and were successful in the box office.
- In her recent works,”Veere di wedding” in 2018 went on to be one of the most successful female led films and “Good Newz”, emerged as one of the highest grossing film of the year 2019. Her last released film is “Angrezi Medium”, released in March 2020, in a short supporting role.
In the year 2006, during the shoot of “Fida” Kareena started a relationship with co-actor Shahid Kapoor. They were really close, and even shared their desire to get married later in life. But the relationship ended after a year. She admitted to be heartbroken, but later become good friend with him.
Shortly after, she started dating Saif Ali Khan, and got married with him in 16th October, 2012 in a private ceremony in Bandra. Later in 2016 she gave birth to their son Taimur.
She won six Filmfare awards out of 10 nominations.
- Best debut (female)
- Special Jury Recognition(Chameli)
- Best actress(Critics)(Dev,Omkara)
- Best Actress(Jury)(Jab We Met)
- Best Supporting Actress(We are family)
She won 4 IIF Awards.
- Star Debut of the year(Refugee)
- Style Diva of the year(2004)
- Best Actress Award for Jab We Met, 3 Idiots
Kareena Kapoor Khan is all set to be seen next on “Laal Singh Chaddha”, remake of “Forrest Gump”. She will also play the role of Mughal princess Jahanara Begum in Karan Johar’s directorial venture “Takhth”.©ibollynews
View this post on Instagram
Some of my happiest memories are from my childhood, which shaped me into what I am today. But that’s not so for many children around the world who miss out on a safe, healthy and happy childhood. The #COVID-19 pandemic is only going to make it worse. UNICEF is providing urgent and lifesaving support for vulnerable children. I have seen their work and have donated to support their cause of saving precious lives. Join me and support the #ChildhoodChallenge by sharing your happiest childhood memories and donate to @unicefindia the amount equal to the year you were born in. By taking part in this challenge you can help avoid a lasting crisis for children. Click on the link in bio to donate.
An interview of Kareena Kapoor Khan with BBC Asia Network
An Interview of Kareena Kapoor Khan with Rajeev Masand
Here’s some interesting, lesser known facts about Kareena Kapoor Khan
- While getting acting training, Kareena was offered the role of female lead in Rakesh Roshan’s “Kaho na Pyaar Hain” (2000) opposite son, Hrithik Roshan. She even stared shooting for the film, but later left it, because she was feeling more focus was given to the director’s son.
- Kareena also established a career in designing during her five year association with retail chain “Globus” by launching her own line of women clothing.
- In 2013 Kareena co-authored her autobiographical memoir “The Style Diary of a Bollywood Diva” with Rochelle Pinto.
- In January, 2014 she collaborated with UNICEF for spreading awareness around girl’s education and promote quality based education in India.
- In 2010 she adopted a village named Chanderi in Madhya Pradesh to provide it with electricity as a part of NDTV’S Greenathon campaign.
- From 2012 to 2018n she was featured on Forbes India’s “Celebrity 100”.
- Kareena’s birth name was Siddhima, chosen by her grandfather raj Kapoor, which later got changed. © ibollynews
- When Babeeta Kapoor was pregnant by Kareena, she read a book named Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy. Her name was extracted from this book’s title.
- In her adolescence she had a big crush on actor Akshay Khanna.
- She was offered a role of sister of Aishwarya Rai Bachhan, in the Indian-English version of Pride and Prejudice, which she turned down.
- She has her wax statues in England and Singapore’s Madame Tussaud’s Museum.
- She turned vegetarian in 2006.
- She wore over 130 different dresses for her glamorous role in the film Heroine, designed by top designers all over the world, some of which estimated up to 1.5 crores.
- She is a fitness freak and yoga enthusiast. She trusted healthy diet and traditional fitness exercised to shed off her post pregnancy fat. She reportedly does 50 surya Namaskars every day.©ibollynews
- Saif and Kareena were in a live-in relationship for five years before tying the knot in 2012.
- She rejected many films in her career which later became huge blockbusters. She admitted that the real reason behind the rejections is they were not fulfiling her financial requirements.
- She hosts her own talk show, called What women Want with Ishq 104.8 FM.
- In August, 2020 Kareena announced her second pregnancy.