Rajlaxmi R. Roy is a former Indian model, actress and entrepreneur, popularly known for being the ex-wife of Bollywood actor Rahul Roy. She was one of the most successful and famous model in the 90s era.©ibollynews
Rajlaxmi was born on 14th October, 1976 (age 44 years, as of 2020) in a Marathi family in Ratnagiri district of Maharashtra. Her father Manmohan Khanvilkar was an Interior designer, Builder and Architect. Not much is known about her mother.
She studied at BPM High school, Khar, Mumbai. She actively participated in extracurricular competitions and sports throughout her school life and was known for being a tomboy. Later she graduated from Mithibai College in Vile Parle, Mumbai.
She started getting modelling offers while she was in college and soon became a known face in the industry.© ibollynews
|Original/Real Name||Rajlaxmi R. Roy|
|Profession/Occupation||Former Indian Model, Actress and Entrepreneur|
|Age (as in 2020)||44 years (as of 2020)|
|Date of Birth||14th October, 1976|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Libra|
|Current career status||Active|
|Height (Centimeters)||174 cm (5’8.5”)|
|Weight (Kilograms)||62 kgs|
|Body Measurements||Not known|
|Hair Color||Light Ash Blonde|
|Eye’s Color||Hazel brown|
Family, Relatives & Siblings
|Father’s name||Manmohan Khanvilkar|
|Mother’s name||Not Known|
Marital Status, Affairs, Boyfriends, Kids & Relationship
|Spouse/Husband||Samir Soni (1996)
Rahul Roy (2000-2014)
Education Qualification and Schooling/College
|College/ University||Mithibai College, Vile Parle, Mumbai|
Favorite Things and Likes & Dislikes
|Controversies||Rajlaxmi got married to Samir Soni when she was only 20 years old, but the marriage ended up in divorce within 7 months.©ibollynews
Later she married Bollywood actor Rahul Roy, but again decided to part ways after 14 years of their marriage.
|Food Preference||Not known|
|Favorite Movie||Not known|
|Favorite Actor||Not known|
|Favorite Actress||Not known|
|Favorite Hobbies||Makeup and styling, sports|
|Favorite Sports||Not known|
|Favorite Destination||Not known|
|Net Worth||Not Known|
|E-Mail Address|| Not Known
|Phone Number||Not Known|
|House Address||Wisconsin, USA|
|Wikipedia||Rajlaxmi R Roy|
|She does not have an official twitter account|
|She does not have an official Facebook account|
|She does not have an official Instagram account|
Early Life and Career:
Rajlaxmi started modelling when she was still in college. Hemant Trivedi was a designer for one of her college fashion show, and he pointed out the zeal in her, and advised her to pursue modelling seriously. Her first big ad campaign was for Garden Vareli. She appeared in the 1994 TV series BPL Oye, which was her first acting venture. She was seen in dance video shows choreographed and directed by Shamak Davar. She worked as successful model for many years both in India and in abroad.
Her one of the most notable work includes featuring in a Cadbury ad campaign. She also made an appearance in a song of the famous movie “Asoka” starring Shahrukh Khan and Kareena Kapoor debuting in Bollywood.©ibollynews
However she was never really into acting, and never opted for it. She was also featured in music videos like ‘Asaan te tenu rab maneya’ by Wadali Brothers, and ‘Chupke Chupke” with John Abrahm by Pankaj Udaas.
Later in her life she moved to Australia to learn makeup and hairdressing, to launch her own salon and to pursue that as a career. She did an 80 week diploma in hairdressing and salon management from Carrick institute of Education in Sydney.
She also completed a certification IV course in hairdressing. She landed a job at Shangri-La hotel’s beauty salon in Australia.
Currently she is a full time celebrity makeup artist in Bollywood.
Here’s some interesting, lesser known facts about Rajlaxmi R. Roy:
- Rajlaxmi’s father was very strict and specific about her ventures. She was never allowed to wear revealing clothes at shoots or in ramp walks for her conservative family.©ibollynews
- In an interview she gave two reasons behind why she never accepted acting in films. One, she was very home sick and cannot bear living away from home for extended periods of time. And second, her parents were strictly against acting.
- She is crazy about her father and shares a deep bond with him.©ibollynews
- Reportedly she was keen for marriage from a very early age that lead to her getting married at the age of 20 only.
- Rajlaxmi met Samir Soni, her first husband during shooting of the Cadbury ad campaign in 1996. They fall in love and got married in the same year. But only after seven months, they went through a divorce.
- In 1998, she met Rahul Roy at a party and they started dating. After two years they got married. More than a decade after they parted ways in 2014 as well.
- She is currently working as a celebrity make up artist in India and has been featured by famous media channels like iDiva and Pinkvilla.© ibollynews