Saurabh Raaj Jain is a former model and popular Hindi television actor, Best known for his amazing portrayal of Lord Krishna in the mythological spinoff series of ancient epic of Mahabharatha. He got the opportunity to play various characters of gods in his television career and became a household name. However he has also done some generic TV shows such as “Parichay” and “Uttaran” and is equally popular for them.© ibollynews
He was born on 1st December, 1985 in New Delhi, India. He belongs to a middle class Jain family, however he’s a core believer of Buddhism since childhood. He lost his father at an early age that made him a responsible individual and he learnt to see life through a mature perspective. His mother Raj Jain is an advocate, and he also has two elder sisters.
Saurabh went to C.S.K.M. Public School, Delhi and graduated from Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University with a degree on Computer Applications. Later he pursued an MBA from Symbiosis International University, Pune.
He got married in 2010 to his long term girlfriend Riddhima Saurabh Jain. She is a software engineer by profession. They met at “Ashley Lobo’s Dance Academy” and soon their friendship blossomed into love. They have beautiful twin children, Hrishivh a boy, and Hrishika, a girl who were born in 2017.© ibollynews
|Saurabh Raj Jain
|New Delhi, India
|Age (as in 2020)
|36 years (as of 2020)
|Date of Birth
|1st December, 1985
|New Delhi, India
|Jain(by birth), Buddhism practitioner since childhood
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign
|Current career status
|191 cm (6’03”)
|Chest- 44 inches
Waist- 34 inches
Biceps- 18 inch
Family, Relatives & Siblings
|Two elder sisters.
Marital Status, Affairs, Boyfriends, Kids & Relationship
|Riddhima Saurabh Jain
|Yes, one, Hrishivh Jain
|Yes, one, Hrishika Jain© ibollynews
Education Qualification and Schooling/College
|C.S.K.M Public School , New Delhi
|Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi
Symbiosis International University, Pune
|Degree in Computer Applications.
Favorite Things and Likes & Dislikes
|In 2012, a fraud imposter interacted with Saurabh’s friends and fans through a fake profile where he used Saurabh’s photos. Matters got worse when he texted females and other fan exchanging vulgar language. When Saurabh came to know about this through one of his fans, He immediately informed Facebook authorities to take needful actions.© ibollynews
|Sarson da saag with Makke di roti, Pav Bhaji, Dal Makhni, Bheendi Chaatwali, Pulao, Gajar Ka Halwa, Spinach and corn soup, Pizza.
|Favorite Fashion Brand
|Mughal-e-Azam, Lamhe, 3 Idiots
|Amir Khan, Akshay Kumar, Hrithik Roshan, Leonardo DiCaprio
|Madhuri Dixit, Sushmita Sen
|Palace of Illusions by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni, The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho, The Secret by Rhonda Byrne, Angels & Demons by Dan Brown, Difficulty of being Good by Gurcharan Das.
|Favorite Dining places
|British Brewing Company, Oberoi Mall, Madhur Milan at Peninsula Grand Hotel in Mumbai.
|$1million to $5Million (approx.)
| For business enquiries: [email protected]
For Fan interactions: [email protected]
|New Delhi, India
|Saurabh Raj Jain
|Official Facebook account
|Official Instagram account
“We all have our fears, but it’s about how you take up the challenge”
Early Life and Career:
Saurabh Raaj Jain landed his First acting gig at the tender age of 19 in 2004, when he was in college. He went with one of his friend who was giving an audition and in curiosity He also ended up giving the audition. Two months later he got the call of selection in the Television series “Remix” for the role of Amandeep Chaddha. He took a break for about two years after this series to complete his studies. Then there was no looking back.©ibollynews
He then appeared in many popular television series like- “Sukhi” in “Meet Mila de Rabba”, “Rohit Chopra” in “Kasam Se”, “Vikram” in “Yahaa Main Ghar Ghar Kheli”, “Anand Raj Chopra” in “Parichay”, “Yuvraaj Singh Bundela” in “Uttaran”, “Aman” in “Chintu Chinki Aur Ek Badi Si Love Story” airing in Zee TV, Colors TV, Star One, Max TV, etc.
However he is best known for his mythological roles like “Lord Vishnu” in Colors TV’s “Jai Shree Krishna” (2008-2009) and LifeOK’s “Devo ke Dev…Mahadev” (2011-2014) “Lord Shiva” in Colors TV’s “Mahakali” (2017) and specially “Lord Krishna” in Star Plus’s epic drama “Mahabharatha” (2013-2014)
He was so well fitted in such roles that he got several opportunities to play similar characters. His portrayal of “Lord Krishna” in “Mahabharatha” was highly appreciated and popular among critics and audiences. It was so authentic and real that people started believing Lord Krishna is like him.
He’s a very versatile actor and he kept experimenting with his roles throughout his career. He did two historical period drama – Emperor Akbar in “Hazir Jawab Birbal” and “Dhananand” in “Chandragupta Maurya”.
He also appeared in movies like “Karma” as Linda’s lover in 2008 and “Check in Bangkok” as Krish in 2015. He did another mythological role of “Lord Venkateshwara” in a Telegu movie directed by Nagarjuna.
He was seen participating in popular Reality show “Nach Baliye” with his wife in 2019. He has hosted several episodes of Life OK’s crime based show “Saavdhan India”(2015), “Bhakton Ki Bhakti mein Shakti” (2015-2016) and “Mahapuran” (2016).
He worked as a Radio Jockey in the spiritual radio show “Arth” that aired on 92.7 Big FM.
He was also seen featuring in TV commercials of TATA Tea and Laxmi Jewellers.
Saurabh Raaj Jain was last seen playing the role of Chef Neil Oberoy in Sony Entertainment Television’s “Patiala Babes”. He is also working as a narrator in Dangal TV’s “Devi Aadi Parashakti”.
View this post on Instagram
Why? Probably one of the most important questions to ask but many a times its skipped (especially by adults). We continue living our lives, we continue following the same traditions but how many of us actually ask 'why'. Today I am sharing a scene which is very very close to my heart because the message resonates with the current times a lot. "Paramparayein' or as we call it traditions have been running since ages across all religions, countries and faiths. There were reasons why such traditions were started – some logical, some spiritual and most of the times practical. But most of us just follow traditions blindly without knowing the true reason behind them and questioning whether they are relevant today. Take fasting for example, it was a tradition that existed when food was scarce, scientifically it helps cleanse the body and today we have all sorts of diets like intermittent fasting too that exist. But how many actually know the reason behind the fast? Take our festivals which at one point used to be about gulaal, firecrackers, visarjan but today we all speak about 'eco-friendly'. Evolution is a must as times have changed, society has changed, there are a lot more people living on this planet and the repercussions we are seeing these days as we are locked up inside our homes. It's important for us to continue our traditions, to teach them to generations to come but with it question, adapt, and evolve. Balancing our roots and traditions with new times is a must and maybe this time spent at home in this lockdown gives us some moments to introspect, to think and to question and find our own answers…. . . #MahabharatDiaries @realswastik @starplus
Watch an interview of Saurabh Raaj Jain
Watchout candid interview of Saurabh Raaj Jain and his wife Riddhima Jain
Saurabh Raaj Jain on the message of Mahabharatha
Here’s some interesting, lesser known facts about Saurabh Raaj Jain:
- The makers of Mahabharatha was determined to cast Saurabh as “Lord Krishna” that they kept him on hold for a year, paying him a big amount of money every month, so that he could not opt for any other project.©ibollynews
- He faced many challenges while playing Lord Krishna’s role. He was bombarded with questions like “Why isn’t Krishna dark?”, “Why Krishna is 6’03’ tall?” But later he was highly acclaimed for the role, and kept on getting similar offers. But he declined all of them to break the monotony and avoid getting stereotyped.
- He talk volumes about his mother’s struggle and utmost dedication while bringing him up that has evoked a sense of right and wrong in him. He credits his mother and his wife behind his successful career and keeping him grounded.
- He married Riddhima at an early age because he was sure about her being his soul mate. He considers her as the lucky charm of his life.
- Saurabh misses his kids during long days of shoots, and wish to have a teleportation machine to meet them whenever possible. He calls them over to Umergaon (the place where Mahabharatha is shot), if possible.
- Only good content matters to him irrespective of the medium. But he would not mind getting movie offers too.© ibollynews
- Amitabh Bacchan is his inspiration and he respects the legend’s work ethics and energy at this age.
- He loves the sound of chanting Buddhist mantras. According to him he has become more calm and patient after playing such spiritual characters.
- Saurabh is claustrophobic, that is fear of being enclosed in compact, small places.
- Fans of Mahabharatha were crazy to click pictures with him during the shoot, even some elder persons used to wait to seek his blessings.
- His hobbies include reading, dancing, swimming, gymming and Martial arts.
- Mahabharatha co actor Shaheer Sheikh is one of his closest friends.
- His dream role is to portray the character of Rabindranath Tagore.