We aim to provide information about Arnab Goswami biography as much as possible so that you don’t have to search individual details across the web.
In this article, you will find all the Bio-data on Arnab Goswami. Don’t forget to share this article with your friends
Table of Contents
- 1 Personal Life
- 2 Physical Appearance
- 3 Family, Relatives & Siblings
- 4 Marital Status, Affairs, Boyfriends, Kids & Relationship
- 5 Education Qualification and Schooling/College
- 6 Favorite Things and Likes & Dislikes
- 7 Money/Net Worth
- 8 Contact Information
- 9 Social Media
- 10 Personal quote:
- 11 Early Life and Career:
- 12 Awards:
- 13 Current life/Events:
- 14 Photos:
- 15 Videos:
- 16 Facts
|Original/Real Name||Arnab Ranjan Goswami|
|Profession/Occupation||Journalist, News Anchor, Chief Editor|
|Birthplace||Guwahati, Assam, India|
|Age (as in 2020)||46years (as of 2020)|
|Date of Birth||October 9, 1973|
|Hometown||Guwahati, Assam, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Libra|
|Current career status||Active|
|Height (Centimeters)||180 cm (5’11”)|
|Weight (Kilograms)||75 kg|
|Body Measurements||Chest– 40
Family, Relatives & Siblings
|Father’s name||Manoranjan Goswami|
|Mother’s name||Suprabha Goswami|
Marital Status, Affairs, Boyfriends, Kids & Relationship
Education Qualification and Schooling/College
|School||Mount St. Mary’s School, Delhi Cantonment
Kendriya Vidyalya, Jabalpur Cantonment
|College/ University||Hindu College, Delhi University, New Delhi
Oxford University, England
|Educational Qualification||Graduation in Sociology
Masters in Social Anthropology
Favorite Things and Likes & Dislikes
|Controversies||He was arrested by Mumbai police on 4 November 2020 in a connection in 2018 suicide case of Anvay Naik under section 306 and section 34 of IPC. Naik had named Goswami among three individuals in his suicide note. The note named non payment of dues from them as the reason for committing suicide.|
|Favorite Food||Continental food|
|Favorite Movie||Not Known|
|Favorite Politician||Atal Bihari Vajpayee|
|Favorite Actor||Akshay Kumar|
|Favorite Actress||Madhuri Dixit|
|Favorite Color||Grey, Black, White|
|Hobbies||Reading, Travelling, Watching movies|
|Favorite Pet||Not Known|
|Salary||Rs 1 crore/month|
|Net Worth||Not Known|
|Official Website||Not Known|
|E-Mail Address||Not Known|
|Phone Number||Not Known|
|House Address||Not Known|
“For a journalist t be free he has to run and own and manage a news organization.”
Early Life and Career:
- Arnab Goswami is a famous Indian television news anchor. He is the majority owner and managing director of famous news channel Republic TV which he originated together with Rajeev Chandrasekhar, an active member of Rajya Sabha on behalf of BJP.
- In 1995, he bagged his first job as a news anchor at NDTV 24*7 for three years and later became the news editor there.
- Before starting his own network, he worked as editor-in-chief and news anchor for Times Now and ET Now.
- Asian Television Award for Best Anchor in 2003.
- Society Young Achievers Award in 2007.
- Assamese of the Year Award by News Live in 2010.
- Ramnath Goenka Award for Excellence in Journalism (TV) by the Indian Express Group.
- Goswami is the Managing Director, Editor-in-Chief and co-founder of Republic TV, a news channel that launched on 6 May 2017. Within a week of its launch, Republic TV topped the BARC charts for viewership among India’s English news channels.
His show ‘The Debate with Arnab Goswami’ debates political, social and current issues at 9 am and 10 pm daily. He hosts a special show “Nation Wants to Know”.
Here are some interesting, lesser known facts about Arnab Goswami:
- Arnab was born into an Assamese Brahmin family.
- He started his career as a journalist in Kolkata’s famous newspaper “The Telegraph”.
- In the year 1995, he joined NDTV and 3 years later he became the news editor of NDTV.
- He served as a news anchor with Rajdeep Sardesai in the famous news channels DD Metro and Star News.
- His grandfather Rajinikanth Goswami was a lawyer and a Congress leader. While his maternal grandfather Gaurishankar Bhattacharya was an activist of the Communist Party in Assam.
- His father was employed in the Indian Army, due to which his father used to transfer and this is why his childhood was spent in different cities.
- Arnab Goswami’s first TV interview was of Sonia Gandhi.
- In the year 2002, Arnab wrote his first book Combating Terrorism: The Legal Challenge.
- In the year 2015, Arnab Goswami played the hour of Bombay Stock Exchange on the 140th anniversary of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE). He became the first journalist to do so.
- His sister is serving in the Indian Army.
- The most important coverage of Arnab Goswami has been – 26/11 Mumbai bomb blast attack. Where Goswami anchored non-stop for 65 consecutive hours. Which no journalist has done till now in India.