In this article, you will find all the Biodata about Tom Hanks. Don’t forget to share this article with your friends
|Original/Real Name||Thomas Jeffrey Hanks|
|Birthplace||Concord, California, USA|
|Age||61 according to his birthdate July 09, 1956|
|Date of Birth||July 09, 1956|
|Hometown||of Concord, California, United States|
|Debut||He Knows You’re Alone in 1980|
Height, Weight & Body Measurements
|Height (Centimeters)||183 cm|
|Height (meters)||1.83 m|
|Height (ft)||6 ft|
|Weight (Kilograms)||78 kg|
|Weight (Pounds)||171 lbs|
|Waist’s Size||34 Inches|
|Shoe’s Size||11 (US) or 10.5 (UK) or 44.5 (EU)|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
Family and Relatives
|Father’s Name||Amos Mefford Hanks (Itinerant Cook)|
|Mother’s Name||Janet Marylyn (Frager; Hospital Worker)|
|Brother’s Name||Larry Hanks (Older Brother; Entomology Professor at the University of Illinois),Jim Hanks (Younger Brother; Actor and Filmmaker).|
|Sisters||Sandra Hanks (Older Sister; Writer)|
Marital Status, Affairs, Girlfriends
|Girlfriends||Samantha Lewes (1975–1987),Rita Wilson (1985–Present)|
|Marital Status||Not Known|
|Education Qualification and Schooling/College|
|School||Skyline High School in Oakland|
|College/ University||Chabot College in Hayward|
|Educational Qualification||dropped out.|
|Favourites Things and Like & Dislike|
|Favourite Food||Greek Gyros|
|Favourite Books||In Cold Blood by Truman Capote|
|Favourite Artist||Elvis Presley, Patrick Rondat|
|favourite band||Alabama Thunderpussy|
|E-Mail Address||Not Available|
|Phone Number||Not Available|
|House Address||Concord, California, United States|
Table of Contents
Tom Hanks Biography, Height, Weight, Age, Affair, Family, Wiki
The real name of Tom Hanks is Thomas Jeffrey Hanks. He is mainly known by his nickname Tom Hanks. Tom born on 9 July 1956. He is an American film actor and filmmaker. There are a number of films in which Hanks play comedic dramestic roles such as Sully(2016),Saving Mr. Banks(2013),Captain Phillips(2013),Cloud Atlas(2012),Road to Perdition(2002),Cast Away(2000),The Green Mile(1999),You’ve Got Mail(1998),Saving Private Ryan(1998),Apollo13(1995),Sleepless in Seattle(1993),A League of Their Own(1993),Turner Hooch(1989), and Splash(1984). Langdon and Toy Story are some other hit movies of Tom Hanks. In HBO Miniseries The Pacific, Hanks were executive producers.
Facts About Tom Hanks
- Does Tom Hanks smoke? Answer-Yes
- Does Tom Hanks drink? Answer-Yes
- Tom Hanks has three siblings two brothers, elder brother Lawrence Hanks and younger brother Jim Hanks and one elder sister Sandra Hanks Benoiton
- Tom’s father and mother got divorced they have four children in which oldest three are going with their father and youngest one went with their mother.
- Tom’s father Amos Hanks did the second marriage with Frances Wong, a Chinese descendent from San Francisco.
- Tom Hanks married American actress Samantha Lewes in 1978, After two months their son Collin Hanks was born.
- After nine years in 1987, they got divorced.
- In 1993 Hanks wan Golden Globe Awards and Academy Awards for best actor for his role in Philadelphia. In consecutive years, Hanks became one of the two actors who won the Academic Award for Best Actor.
- At U.S. and Canadian box offices, Hanks films grossed more than $4.5 billion and also $9.0 billion worldwide. This making Hanks the fourth highest grossing actor in North America. During his career, Hanks nominated a number of awards.
Also Read: Emma Stone Biography
- Tom Hanks was born on 9 July 1956 in Concord, California.
- Tom is the son of Janet Marylyn, a hospital worker and Amas Mefford Hanks, an itinerant cook.
- His father and mother were divorced in 1960. In the four children the youngest, Jim remained with their mother and the three oldest children Sandra, Larry, and Tom went with their father.
- In the age of 10, Tom had lived in 10 different houses. Mormon and Catholic was the religious history of Tom Hanks family.
- His father did a second marriage in 1965 with Frances Wong. A Chabot College in Hayward, California Hanks studied theatre. After two years Hanks transferred to California State University Sacramento.
- For his 1970s performance as Proteus in Shakespeare’s The Two Gentlemen of Verona, he won the Cleveland Critics Circle Award for best actor. Hanks named as one of the Top 10 College dropouts by the Time magazine.
- when he moved to New York City in 1979 he made his film debut in the low-budget Slasher film “He Knows You’re Alone”. In a television movie, Mazes and Monsters Hanks did a starring role.
- On the ABC television pilot of Boson Buddies Tom landed one of the lead roles that of character Kip Wilson. Hanks had previously partnered with Scolari on the 1970s game show “Make Me Laugh”.
- Tom starts to extend himself to dramatic roles from the comedic roles. Tom commented on his experience in an interview with Rolling Stone Magazine “It changes my desire about working in movies.
- Hanks stars in the film industry rose after a few more moderate success and flop with the comedy Dragnet.
- Hanks earned his first nomination for the Academy Award for Best Actor. Tom states that he subsequently improve his acting because his earlier roles were not great.
Awards and nominations received by Tom Hanks
|1||From the Earth to the Moon||1998||Outstanding Miniseries(as producer)||Won|
|2||From the Earth to the Moon||1998||Outstanding Directing for a Miniseries, Movie, or Dramatic Special (as director)||Nominated|
|3||Band of Brothers||2002||Outstanding Miniseries(shared with the rest of the producers)||Won|
|4||Band of Brothers||2002||Outstanding Directing for a Miniseries, Movie, or Dramatic Special(shared with the rest of the directors)||Won|
|5||Band of Brothers||2002||Outstanding Writing for a Miniseries, Movie, or Dramatic Special(shared with the rest of the writers)||Nominated|
|6||John Adams||2008||Outstanding Miniseries(as executive producer)||Won|
|8||The 25th Anniversary Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Concert||2010||Outstanding Variety, Music, or Comedy Special||Nominated|
|9||The Pacific||2010||Outstanding Miniseries(as executive producer)|
|10||Game Change||2012||Outstanding Miniseries or Movie (as executive producer)|
|11||Olive Kitteridge||2015||Outstanding Miniseries(as executive producer)|
|12||Saturday Night Live||2017||Outstanding Guest Actor in a Comedy Series||Nominated|
Photos of Tom Hanks