In this article, you will find all the Biodata about Tom Cruise. Don’t forget to share this article with your friends.
|Original/Real Name||Thomas Cruise Mapother IV|
|Occupation||Actor, Writer, producer, Filmmaker|
|Birth Place||Syracuse, New York|
|Age (as in 2018)||55 years|
|Date of Birth||3 July 1962|
|Hometown||Syracuse, New York|
|Debut||Film- Endless Love(1981)|
Height, Weight & Body Measurements
|Height (Centimeters)||170 cm|
|Height (meters)||1.7 m|
|Weight (Kilograms)||68 kg|
|Weight (Pounds)||150 lbs|
|Chest’s Size||44 inches|
|Waist’s Size||32 inches|
|Biceps’s Size||16 inches|
|Shoe’s Size||8 UK|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
Family and Relatives
|Father’s Name||Thomas Cruise Mapother III|
|Mother’s Name||Mary Lee (Pfeiffer)|
|Brother’s Name||Not Known|
|Sister’s Name||Lee Ann Mapother, Cass Mapother, Marian Mapother|
Marital Status, Affairs, Girlfriends
Education Qualification and Schooling/College
|School||Johnson State College|
|College/ University||Not known|
|Educational Qualification||High school (Dropout)|
Favorites Things and Like & Dislike
|Hobbies||Scuba diving, Skydiving, Fencing|
|Favourite Food||Flounder, Pasta, Lobster, Strawberries|
|Favourite Color||Green, Black, White|
|Favourite Singer||Joss Stone|
|Salary||for Mission Impossible 2 $100,000,000|
|E-Mail Address||Not Available|
|Phone Number||Not Available|
|Fan Mail Address||Tom Cruise
220 W. 42th Street
New York, NY 10036-7200
Tom Cruise Height, Weight, Age, Affair, Biography, Family, Wiki
Tom Cruise was born on 3 July 1962, in Syracuse(New York). He wanted to become a priest in early days of his life. He has three sisters. In 1971 his family moved to Canada. He used to play floor hockey in school. Tom discovered his passion for acting in his school and later on, he went to New York for his acting career. “Risky Business” and “Top Guns” are the movies which make him famous and changed his life forever. Later on, he was appreciated for his work in movies like “Jerry Maguire” and “Mission: Impossible“.
Facts about Tom Cruise
- Does Tom Cruise Smoke? Ans: Yes
- Does Tom Cruise Drink? Ans: No
- Tom Cruise grew up in a poor family.
- He described his abusive father as “A merchant of chaos“.
- Tom Cruise attended 15 schools at the age of 14 years.
- He is a left-hander for all the daily works except Writing, which he does with his right hand.
- Tom Cruise loves to play Floor Hockey in his school.
- You got amazed by hearing that he has been nominated for an Oscar three times but never won one.
- He is Scientology promoter and wants that it to be recognised as a religion in Europe.
- In 2006, “Forbes” ranked Tom Cruise as the Most powerful celebrity in the world.
- 10 October, is declared as “Tom Cruise Day” by Japan (from 2006) because he made more trips to Japan to any other celebrity(Hollywood).
- Tom Cruise Won Razzie Award in 1988 for Worst actor in “Cocktail” movie.
- He is against for using his images/ action poses in Video games or action poses.
- Tom Cruise wanted to become a priest.
- He played a common role of a soldier in eight different movies.
Also Read: Tom Hunks biography
Information in details
- Tom Cruise was born on 3 July 1962, in Syracuse(New York), to Thomas Mapother and Mary.
- Tom’s mom Mary was a school teacher and amateur actress.
- His father Thomas Mapother was an electrical engineer.
- Thomas Mapother used to abuse tom and his mom.
- At the age of 11, Tom Cruise’s parents divorced and his sisters moved with his mom Mary.
- Tom cruise suffered from Dyslexia like his mother and his sisters which made schooling academic difficult for him.
- Until a knee injury happened, Tom wants to pursue his career in wrestling during high school
- At the age of 16, his teacher encouraged him to participate in school’s production of the musical Guys and Dolls.
- Tom Cruise set a 10 years deadline for him to build a career in acting.
- He moved to New York and give auditions day by day and finally lands an appearance in Endless Love(1981)
- Tom Cruise got a small role in military school drama “Tapes” at the almost same time. His performance was brilliant in this so many filmmakers and critics caught his attention.
- He appeared in Francis’s “The Outsiders” in 1983, which also starred Emilio Estevez, Matt Dillon. The film was a flop but cruise worked with high profile director in this film.
- In 1983, His film “Risky Business” grossed $65 million. It makes Tom Cruise as a Highly Recognisable Actor.
- Top Gun changed the career of Tom Cruise as it becomes the highest grossing film of 1986.
Movies by Tom Cruise
- Endless Love 1981
- Taps 1981
- The Outsiders 1983
- Losin’ It 1983
- Risky Business 1983
- All the Right Moves 1983
- Legend 1985
- Top Gun 1986
- The Color of Money 1986
- Cocktail 1988
- Rain Man 1988
- Born on the Fourth of July 1989
- Days of Thunder 1990
- Far and Away 1992
- A Few Good Men 1992
- The Firm 1993
- Interview with the Vampire 1994
- Mission: Impossible 1996
- Jerry Maguire 1996
- Without Limits 1998
- Eyes Wide Shut 1999
- Magnolia 1999
- Mission: Impossible 2 2000
- Stanley Kubrick: A Life in Pictures 2001
- The Others 2001
- Vanilla Sky 2001
- Space Station 3D 2002
- Minority Report 2002
- Austin Powers in Goldmember 2002
- Narc 2002
- Shattered Glass 2003
- The Last Samurai 2003
- Collateral 2004
- War of the Worlds 2005
- Elizabethtown 2005
- Ask the Dust 2006
- Mission: Impossible III 2006
- Lions for Lambs 2007
- Tropic Thunder 2008
- Valkyrie 2008
- Knight and Day 2010
- Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol 2011
- Rock of Ages 2012
- Jack Reacher 2012
- Oblivion 2013
- Edge of Tomorrow 2014
- Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation 2015
- Jack Reacher: Never Go Back 2016
- The Mummy 2017
- American Made 2017
- Mission: Impossible – Fallout 2018(Post-production)
- Top Gun: Maverick 2019 (Upcoming)
Photos of Tom Cruise
Thank you so much for visiting Tom cruise’s Biography.